Punch-down & pump-over fermenter
Punch-down fermenter produced by partner company Jaklič d.o.o. is designed to control the maceration process of red wine varieties. Its characteristic is a cap-submerging system based on a pump and a pneumatic cylinder mounted on a special cover.
With the complete renovation of the control concept, which included:
- project documentation,
- renovation of the electrical cabinet,
- replacement of the controller,
- development of control software and
- development of user interface.
we have updated and improved the fermenter's functionality.
The advantages gained by the renovation include:
- a unified, simple and intuitive user interface that is independent of the fermenter model,
- centralized temperature control that includes cooling and heating regulation,
- centralized control of the pump, regardless of whether it is built-in or external,
- simple integration of the machine into larger systems, since the machine only needs to be connected to a cooling unit or central cooling system and
- standardized communication based on OPC or WEB standards, allowing simple integration into a central control system or the implementation of a central control system.
- manual or fully automatic mode,
- control of timing parameters,
- control of different operational modes,
- control of cap-submerging process,
- control of air discharge process,
- control of must pump process and
- temperature control.